- The original paper sculpture (left) was created after James Earle Fraser’s plaster piece called ”End of the Trail” in 1915. The photo on the left was taken in the summer of 2015 at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, Mo. after the installation of the origial paper sculpture created by Allen and Patty Eckman. It was commissioned by Johnny Morris, owner of the Bass Pro Shops, Big Ceder Lodge and Top of the Rock in southern Missouri just south of Branson. The photo below is of the bronze created by molds taken from the original paper piece. The bronze “End of the Trail” piece was installed in November of 2015 at Top of the Rock. Allen and Patty are in both photos. Both sculptures measure 20′ high and are two and one third life-size.
The photo below is of the bronze when the infinity pool was filled with water overlooking Table Rock Lake.